Whoever thought that all exciting events of the 2009 pro golf season have already been played must have overlooked the WGC - HSBC Champions in Shanghai, China.
Phil Mickelson had 16 birdies and only two bogeys during the first three rounds of the tournament and leads world number one Tiger Woods by two strokes going into tomorrow’s final round. The two men will play in the last group together with fellow American Nick Watney who is alongside Woods at 12 under par.
The HSBC Champions is the season’s third event of the World Golf Championship (WGC) series and is played at Sheshan Golf Club, a Par-72 layout (7,199 yds.) just outside of Shanghai. The winner will receive a prize money of appr. $ 1.2 Mio.
- Phil misses out on World No. 1 after Sunday collapse
- Mickelson wins again, takes HSBC Champions after dramatic finish
- Beware of the wounded golfer: Mickelson grabs CA Championship
- Mickelson loses Bridgestone Invitational Shoot-Out after late bogeys
- Bridgestone Invitational: Phil in 2nd place at halfway point