Phil Mickelson has got his eyes set on the biggest win of his 2008 campaign. After titles at the Northern Trust Open in February and the
Crowne Plaza Invitational in May, Mickelson trails second round leader Vijay Singh by a single shot after two excellent rounds of 68 and 66 at Firestone Country Club in Akron, OH (Par 70). So far Phil has had just a single bogey during the first 36 holes and managed to save par on numerous occassions on the difficult layout.
Here is how the leaderboard shapes up going into the weekend:
|1||Vijay Singh (FIJ)||-7|
|2||Phil Mickelson (USA)||-6|
|3||Zach Johnson (USA)||-5|
|Sean O`Hair (USA)||-5|
|Peter Lonard (AUS)||-5|
|Lee Westwood (ENG)||-5|
It seems like we’re up for an exciting weekend. All the best, Phil!
- Phil misses out on World No. 1 after Sunday collapse
- Mickelson wins again, takes HSBC Champions after dramatic finish
- Mickelson and Woods set for final-round showdown in China
- Beware of the wounded golfer: Mickelson grabs CA Championship
- Mickelson loses Bridgestone Invitational Shoot-Out after late bogeys